The Ready Steady Mums story is about a growing community of mums, exercising together and making a difference in our lives and communities. We are good news!
Our coverage is diverse – one inspiring mum has transformed how she relates to herself by leading a local walking group… our team is working with healthcare professionals to help them empower more mothers to get active safely during and after pregnancy… we are working with our partners to create community exercise networks for mothers…
We are media friendly, if you’re from the press and would like to talk with us please get in touch.
Here is some of our coverage so far:
- Nursing in Practice – Programme launched for health visitors to help mums exercise – 28th September 2015
- BBC Radio Cambridge – Expert comment from Katy Tuncer on health benefits for mums
- Medical Women (the magazine of the Medical Women’s Federation) – Dr Sara Khan’s interview on safe, effective pre and postnatal exercise with Ready Steady Mums – 26th September 2014
- Institute of Health Visiting – Assisting Ready Steady Mums in increasing their sample size for the national survey to help inform the medical and healthcare community about the attitudes and habits of pre and postnatal women regarding exercise.
- BBC Radio Cambridge – Expert comment on new study from Cambridge University proving link between active mums and active kids and Ready Steady Mums crowd-funding success – 24th March 2014
- Sport England‘s I Will If You Will – Partnership announcement for Ready Steady Mums with Sport England-funded “I Will If You Will Campaign” – 13th March 2014
- Mothercare News – Partnership launch: Ready Steady Mums to provide exclusive live-chat expertise and in-store events for Mothercare customers – 25th Jan 2014
- Daily Mail – Advisory Board Member Sam Smith advises young women to believe they can succeed – 21st November 2013
- BBC Radio Cambridge – Founder Katy Tuncer as Sue Dougan’s guest on “Chat Room”. In part of the interview Katy shares the impact Ready Steady Mums is having for sporty and not-so-sporty mums – 23rd September 2013
- Sunday Times Ready Steady Mums described as a “massive innovation”. Article featured on the middle pages of the main section – 15th September 2013
- ITV 6 o’ clock Anglia news – Katy Tuncer joins local mums to consider what it is to be a leader and a mother, and calls for more diversity in leadership – 3rd September 2013
- Cambridge Evening News – Katy Tuncer with Catriona Green discuss leadership in motherhood. Celebrating leaders in the community including our Ready Steady Mums Group Leaders – 3rd September 2013
- BBC Radio Shropshire – Ready Steady Mums Group Leader Leigh Denley with her local group members interviewed by Sukhy Bachada. Exercise is transforming motherhood in local communities – 25th July 2013
- BBC Breakfast TV – Anna Thawe talks about government cuts driving innovation by mums. Anna mentions the Ready Steady Mums “virtual personal trainer” as an example – 26th June 2013
- BBC Radio Northampton – Katy Tuncer is Helen Blaby’s guest on Weekend Women. Katy shares tips on how to stick with an exercise plan – 26th January 2013
- BBC Radio Northampton – Katy Tuncer is Jules Osmany’s guest discussing safe exercise in pregnancy and beyond. Myth-busting, pelvic floor exercises on air and the truth about sit-ups – 24th June 2012