Welcome to Ready Steady Mums. This page tells you the terms & conditions on which you may use our website www.readysteadymums.org, and participate in our groups. Please read this carefully before use. By using the site you accept the terms and agree to obey them. If you don’t accept the terms, please do not use the site.
Who are we?
- www.readysteadymums.org is a not for profit, community programme, led by volunteers.
What does Ready Steady Mums provide?
- Our on-line programmes have been created by medical and fitness experts as general advice for pregnant women and new mothers, but every pregnancy is different. We recommend you seek medical advice before participating and be under the supervision of an approved professional fitness trainer.
- Our local Socialcise groups are run by volunteers with no fitness training and Ready Steady Mums does not take responsibility for vetting the Group Leaders. Mothers joining the groups do so entirely at their own risk and are fully responsible for choosing the level at which they participate, and for their health and safety during the sessions, as well as that of their children.
- All the information and guidance presented on the Ready Steady Mums website is for educational and resource purposes only. It is there to help you make informed decisions about physical activity and exercise after childbirth. It is NOT a substitute for any advice given to you by your GP, midwife or other medical professional.
What is our medical position?
- The post-partum body has specific and specialised needs. Whilst Ready Steady Mums has carefully considered common associated health challenges in the development and testing of its programmes, you should always check with your GP if in any doubt.
- All ofReady Steady Mums programmes have been fully tested by many new mums in the first weeks and months after their baby’s birth. However, every new mother’s experience of childbirth and early motherhood is different. If in any doubt always discontinue exercise and consult your GP.
- It is a specific recommendation that you obtain GP approval to exercise after childbirth before beginning any Ready Steady Mums postnatal programmes. The “Brand New Mum Physical Activity” is suitable from immediately after childbirth for mothers with no medical complications but you should always consider your own personal circumstances when deciding what activity to undertake.
- Never disregard professional medical, health, training, fitness or any and all related issues and advice, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the Ready Steady Mums website. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 999 immediately.
What I should know about my ‘Socialcise’ Group Leader?
- ‘Socialcise’ Group Leaders are local volunteers who organise groups of mums to get together and walk or exercise on behalf of Ready Steady Mums. They are not doing so in the capacity of personal trainers. They do not have qualifications or experience to do so, but they are giving up their time to build community groups.
- You are responsible for the activity and exercise you do as part of such a group. You decide which activity and exercise you wish to do and should ensure your own safety and well-being and that of others in your care. Ready Steady Mums, and their volunteers do not accept liability for the safety or appropriateness of any locations or venues you choose to attend sessions. You should do your own risk assessment and be fully responsible.
What I should know about Socialcise Groups?
- To join our Socialcise Groups you should contact your Group Leader by email, everyone is welcomed.
- Please wear appropriate training attire at all times i.e. no denim, unstable footwear.
- You’re welcome to join a session once it’s started but the leader might ask you to warm up first on your own. We’re not able to look after anything for you at the Socialcise groups, including your little one, but we will try to include them in the session without disrupting it for others. Please use your own judgement as to whether you can continue in the class.
- If you choose to exercise as well as just walking, please follow all exercises as specified in our on-line programmes or your personal suitably qualified fitness instructor. Remember your Group Leader is not an instructor, her role is just to suggest ideas.
- Please consider others when using your mobile phone and keep calls to a minimum.
- Keep your valuables with you or tucked away at all times. We will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or theft of any property you bring to a Socialcise group. Any property brought to a Socialcise group is entirely at your own risk.
- We do not take any liability nor have any insurance cover of any description for participants in our local groups.
What I should know about the data I provide?
- If you join our mailing list or social groups, you give us permission to use your name, email address, and mail address for marketing purposes, i.e. to contact you with news, updates and special offers from Ready Steady Mums or from third parties. Also, in the course of your membership, we may collect certain personal information about you including personal details, and information about your health. We will use this information for purposes including managing your membership and communicating with you. You have the duty to keep your personal information up to date and to inform us of any significant changes. We may need to make your personal information available to third parties such as legal authorities, our group, affiliate companies and professional advisors
- You can unsubscribe to any updates from Ready Steady Mums at any time.
- We do not share your information or content with advertisers or third parties without your consent.
What else should I know?
- Our staff, agents, subcontractors, and volunteers, including Socialcise Group Leaders, are not medically qualified, unless explicitly stated on our website, so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise, we strongly recommend that you get advice from your doctor or midwife first. For safety reasons, you are responsible for correctly following all exercises as recommended in your on-line programmes, or other qualified professional. f you are not sure how to follow any of the exercises, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Socialcise Group Leaders (SGLs) are volunteers and are not personal trainers, hence we recommend walking only, or following the on-line programmes. Any additional service a SGL may provide is a contract between the individual SGL and you and we cannot accept any responsibility if a SGL breaks your contract or is negligent.
About the Ready Steady Mums Website
- You are solely responsible for the way information on the Ready Steady Mums website is perceived and utilised and you use the site at your own risk. Ready Steady Mums or any persons associated with Ready Steady Mums will not be held responsible for any injuries or problems that may occur due to the advice contained within.
- The Ready Steady Mums website and any content is made available without warranties or guarantees of any kind and Ready Steady Mums, its employees, contributing author(s) or co- author(s) of any articles or column(s), or first, second, or third party contributors, disclaim(s) any liability for any type or form of injury or damage of any kind or type resulting from the use of this website or from any information, advice, goods, services or other resources that may be mentioned or made accessible through this web site.
- Ready Steady Mums makes no representation or warranty of any kind (express, implied or statutory) in relation to this website or its content and Ready Steady Mums excludes (to the extent permitted by applicable law) all such warranties. To the extent permitted by law, Ready Steady Mums excludes all liability in contract, tort (including negligence) breach of statutory duty or otherwise for any costs, losses, claims, damages, expenses or proceedings (including special, incidental or consequential loss or damage, loss of profits and wasted management time) incurred or suffered by you arising directly or indirectly in connection with this website and its content including any loss, damage or expense arising from, but not limited to, any defect, error, imperfection, fault, mistake or inaccuracy with this website, its content or associated services or due to any unavailability of part or all of the website or any content or associated services.
- The Ready Steady Mums website also contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by Ready Steady Mums. Ready Steady Mums makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy, completeness or fitness for purpose of any material on these sites. Ready Steady Mums provides these links for your convenience and does not necessarily endorse the material on these sites. In the event you purchase or obtain goods or services from a third party then your acquisition of such goods or services will be in accordance with the third party’s terms and conditions and Ready Steady Mums will have no liability to you in respect of the same.
- Subject to copyright law, the reproduction or use of Ready Steady Mums exercise names; combinations; written instructions; video and audio demonstrations; session progression structure; advice and all other website content; branding in any form is forbidden, without express written permission from Katy Tuncer (email@example.com).